We are organising a conference to be held at Birmingham City University aimed at library staff either with an interest in disability issues or with a responsibility for improving services to disabled students.
The suggested themes for the conference are:
- Teaching information literacy accessibly
- Improving flexibility of library policies and procedures
- Accessibility of assistance at service points
- Electronic resources and technical issues
- Engaging with disabled students
- Student satisfaction – is a disabled student’s dissatisfaction different to any other student?
- Creative ways of guiding disabled students to resources and services
You are invited to submit a brief abstract of no more than 500 words for potential papers, seminar presentations or workshops which focus on one or more of the above themes.
Proposals and abstracts of up to 500 words
need to be submitted by Friday 13th August 2010
Successful presenters will be notified by
Friday 27th August 2010,
after which the conference programme will be finalised.
All expressions of interest and conference
presentation abstracts to be sent by email to
For further information you are welcome to telephone
Enid Pryce-Jones, Keith Brisland or Janice Bell on
(0121) 331 5296/5627/5642.