Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Increasing the Visibility of your Conference Presentations



While conference organisers frequently make PowerPoint and other presentations available to delegates after the event, I’ve found slideshare an excellent way to share presentations and to view presentations from conferences and other events I don’t have the opportunity to attend.  I put up a presentation I gave at Internet Librarian in 2010, and to date it has had almost 3,000 views.  I received an e-mail from a lecturer in the U.S. who told me he found the slide show very useful for his academic writing course. 
SlideShare is the world's largest community for sharing presentations and one of the most visited 200 websites in the world.  It has over 60 million monthly visitors and 130 million page views.  It’s very easy to set up a slideshare account and to upload presentations. Besides presentations, SlideShare also supports documents, PDFs, videos and webinars. You can also follow people,“like” presentations and  send messages to the depositor. 

No comments: