LIBER 40th Annual General Conference, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Barcelona [29 June - 2 July 2011]
“Getting Europe ready for 2020: the library's role in research, education and society”
CALL FOR PAPERS/POSTERS
The Programme Committee invites original presentations and posters on one or more of the following topics:
• Opening up access to content through (mass) digitisation
• Innovative business models for dissemination of scientific data
• Measuring the impact of scholarly communication
• User behaviour and the users' demand for services
• Enhancing the resource discovery experience
• Advancing information literacy and skills
• Digital preservation
• Mobile devices and applications
• New roles and partnerships
• Marketing research libraries
We invite submissions of:
• Research papers presenting theoretical solutions, but with a clear illustration on how these solutions can be applied
• Position papers presenting opinions on some aspect of practice, or describing work that is still in progress, but sufficiently mature to warrant attention
• Experiences and case studies specifying requirements, challenges or opportunities
• Best practices
Instructions for submitting abstracts
• Please submit the abstracts of your paper or poster via https://www.conftool.net/liber2011/ Deadline for submission of abstracts is 31 January 2011.
• Abstract length should not exceed 2500 characters. Please note that the language of the conference will be English, and therefore the committee will only accept submissions in this language
• All submitted abstracts will be peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers
• A selection of full papers will be published in LIBER Quarterly, the LIBER e-only Open Access journal (http://liber.library.uu.nl/).
LIBER Award for Library Innovation
The 3 most innovative abstracts will receive the LIBER Award for Library Innovation (http://bibliotecnica.upc.edu/LIBER2011/content/liber-awards). The prize consists of the opportunity to present the winning paper/poster at the LIBER Annual Conference 2011 in Barcelona, free registration, plus travelling expenses and accommodation.
LIBER Annual Conference Fund
The Programme Committee will select 10 abstracts from libraries in Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Hungary, Moldova, Portugal, Romania, Turkey and Ukraine and reward them with a grant of 300 euro and free registration for the LIBER Annual Conference (http://bibliotecnica.upc.edu/LIBER2011/content/annual-conference-fund).
For more information about the call for papers-posters and for submitting your abstracts, please go to http://bibliotecnica.upc.edu/LIBER2011/content/call-papers