Internet Librarian International 2013 - Call for Speakers
The deadline for submissions is 12 April 2013.
This year’s conference theme is Smart Solutions to Real Challenges. We’re looking for dynamic speakers from all types of libraries - public, academic, government, national or commercial - as well as those working outside a 'traditional' library setting, who can speak to the following suggested topics:
Transforming services and products
- Delivering high impact services
- Community engagement, for example working with volunteers, collaborative content creation and curation
- Marketing the service and reaching new audiences, for example social marketing
- Reconfiguring the library space, for example maker spaces
- Understanding user needs - next generation users, customer analysis
New skills and new roles for info pros
- Career opportunities - new skills and new roles, for example data journalism
- Educating and mentoring users, information literacy
- Supporting research and innovation
New and innovative uses of technology
- The demands of 'Everything everywhere' for example BYOD, meeting the challenge of new devices
- New services in the digital workplace
- Delivering on user expectations
Managing and maximising resources
- eresources, e.g. e-books
- Open access, new publishing models and their impact on information services
- Real-time information provision
- The latest search and discovery techniques, eg social search
- Using the internet for research and reference
We are also looking for:
- speakers eager to share their experiences and case studies in a 20 minute presentation - or as a member of a panel discussion
- proposals for pre-conference workshops
Share your success stories. Tell us what lessons you've learned if things didn't turn out quite as expected. This is your chance to help others to rethink and recharge, and to benefit from the insights of others.
How do I participate?
If you would like to be considered as a speaker, go to
The advisory committee will review all submissions and you will be notified in May 2013. If your proposal is selected, the primary speaker will receive a free registration to the full conference, which includes lunches and a drinks reception.
We're looking forward to receiving your suggestions and ideas.
Val Skelton - Programme Director
Katherine Allen - Conference Director