This is a call for chapter proposals for a new book aiming to bring those working in learning support services in universities a little closer together, including librarians, learning developers, learning technologists, careers advisors, disability advisors, and everything in between!
To be published by Innovative Libraries Press, the book will be written, edited and published by practitioners for practitioners, to help facilitate collaboration between those working in these increasingly overlapping professions.
Some of the themes we will be including are:
1. understanding and aligning differing approaches, frameworks, and priorities across the professions, as well as finding the common ground.
2. reaching out, networking, identifying and winning over partners to find fruitful collaborations and opportunities.
3. practical strategies for successful collaborations
However, don’t feel restricted! If you have an idea that doesn’t fit into these themes please do still send us your proposal.
We invite proposals covering the following:
· Chapter title
· Short description of your chapter’s topic/s (around 400 words)
· Indication of the structure your chapter would take
· Indication of the type of content your chapter would include (eg. case studies)
We would expect each chapter to be around 4,000-6,000 words long.
Send your proposals to: email@example.com
Deadline for proposals: 9th May 2014
Successful proposals notified: end of May 2014
First drafts due: September 2014
Book published: January 2015
We look forwarding to reading your ideas!
If you have any questions about your submission please email us.
Dr Helen Webster, Jade Kelsall and Michelle Schneider