Do you want to gain experience of open access publishing? Would you like to help to disseminate research by library and information practitioners and academics?
The Editorial Team of Library and Information Research (LIR) would like to recruit three new Editorial Team members.
Library and Information Research is:
- published three times a year;
- the official journal of CILIP’s Library and Information Research Group (LIRG);
- prepared for publication online using ‘Open Journals Systems’ open access publishing software.
Applications are invited from people who will ideally be:
1. Willing to embrace the full variety of Editorial duties, including:
- reviewing submissions;
- communicating with authors and reviewers about articles;
- copy and layout editing;
- publishing journal issues.
2. From either a practitioner or an academic background, with an interest in the role of research in the library and information world.
3. Excellent communicators.
This role offers the opportunity to broaden skill sets, improve current awareness across a wide range of subject areas, extend your professional network and enhance your CV.
You will be working closely with a small group of Editorial Team colleagues, including a Lead Editor (Angharad Roberts) and a book reviews editor.
Membership of the Editorial Team is a voluntary role, but reasonable expenses (e.g. travel costs to attend meetings) are covered by LIRG.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to Angharad Roberts to arrive by midnight at the end of Saturday 24 January 2015. Applications should include a current CV and a statement of no more than 500 words outlining why you are interested in joining the Editorial Team, and what you believe you can bring to the role.
It is anticipated that the new members of the Editorial Team will be appointed by 20 February 2015.
Library and Information Research