SerialsReview is planning a special issue on the “Evolving Role of Library Consortia.” This issue will focus on the roles that library consortia play in collections and technical services operations and how these roles have evolved.
Potential topics for this issue include the following:
- Benefits/Challenges of working with consortia to support serials and e-resource management (ERM)
- Consortia implementation of library management systems including next-generation and ERM systems
- New innovations supporting resource sharing
- Shared discovery
- Evolution of the Big Deal and what’s next
- Consortia demand-driven acquisitions (DDA) and the evolution of acquisition practices
- Strategies for supporting collections including ebook purchasing, data analytics, and shared collections
- Collective or shared technical services (academic and/or public libraries)
- Consortia (or shared) preservation/retention initiatives (shared print repositories, last copy policies)
- Digitization efforts/projects
- Large-scale cloud projects to support storage, long-term preservation, and text and data mining initiatives.