Thursday, June 1, 2017

Academic Writing Blog wins prize at CONUL Conference

Thanks everybody who sent me feedback on this academic writing blog.  I was thrilled the blog won  second prize in the CONUL conference poster competition. You can view it here.

The conference was really good.  The theme was research support and there was a wide range of interesting topics including librarians as academic writers and librarians doing doctoral research. So look out for CONUL Conference 2018, which will be in Ireland on the 30th and 31st of May next year. The call for papers will go out later this year.

I'm continuing to develop the blog, which has now had almost quarter of a million hits.  I'm interested in getting guest posts from published authors in the library and information field and from journal editors for the "Top Tips" section.  I'm also interested in guest posts on any topics relating to academic writing. There was lively discussion on how we can develop academic writing among librarians.  Would love to hear your views.  You can e-mail me at helen.b.fallon@nuim.ie to discuss further.

Helen Fallon
Deputy Librarian
Maynooth University

No comments: