For a Springer Book in the CSCW Series on Collaborative Information Seeking (CIS)
Springer Book series on CSCW seeks submissions for a 2015 book on Collaborative Information Seeking (CIS). We are looking for original chapters on this topic - from scholars in academia and industry.
For many years, information retrieval has focused on individual users searching for information. Algorithms have assumed that one person is reviewing the results, and user interfaces have supported the needs of individual searchers.
CIS - also referred to as collaborative information retrieval and collaborative search - focuses on the notion that information seeking is not always a solitary activity, and that people working in collaboration to perform information-seeking tasks should be studied and supported. CIS occurs in many contexts, including healthcare, business intelligence, technical fields, strategic research, information analysis, planning tasks, and everyday activities such as shopping and travel.
While the submission could be a synthesis of some of the prior works, it should not be published before. Manuscripts may describe research, experiences, and software tools/algorithms/architectures focused on support for collaborative information seeking.
Specific topics include
• CIS theories and models;
• Design experiences of CIS systems;
• User Interfaces for CIS systems and tools;
• CIS applications and use cases in different domains, such as e-learning environments, healthcare, office work, and intelligence analysis;
• Approaches for incorporating CIS with social search;
• Issues related to collaborators’ awareness of actions, Team/group aspects and participants’ roles;
• Evaluation measures for CIS systems;
• Methodologies for studying CIS; and
• Software tools and algorithms to support collaborative search.
All chapter submissions are subject to double peer review based on both technical merit and relevance to Springer CSCW book series readership. Accepted chapters will be professionally edited for content and style.Direct inquiries to the guest editors: Dr. Preben Hansen, Stockholm University, Sweden, (firstname.lastname@example.org) Dr. Chirag Shah, Rutgers University, USA; (email@example.com) and Dr. Claus-Peter Klas, GESIS, Germany (Claus-Peter.Klas@gesis.org)
• Chapter submission: October 15, 2014 (submission information at http://collab.infoseeking.org/cisbook2015/)
• Decision: December 15, 2014
• Final chapter: January 15, 2015