The call for chapter proposals for Library as Technology Facilitator (LITA Guide) are now open.
Though libraries are known as technology facilitators, resources vary drastically from location to location. Certain communities (e.g. new immigrants, rural communities) are not exposed to technology extensively. Of particular interest for this LITA Guide are case studies of libraries that have been able to offer high quality technology and training, and proposals that address physical access, patron and staff training, makerspaces, technology for jobs and business, and technology industry partnerships.
Proposals must include:
- Author name(s)
- Brief author bio(s)
- Proposed chapter title
- A 300-500 summary of the proposed chapter
Chapter drafts will be due 1st May 2017 and should include:
- Explanation of the problem and community need, including demographics and geographical information for the community
- Project summary (budget, resources, methods, process, etc.)
- How the project affected the community and the lessons learned
- May include up to five figures