This volume will explore the current purpose of librarianship and libraries, how we become “Masters of our Domains”, develop expertise in various elements of the profession, and how we extend outward into our communities.
Proposals in the following areas would be of particular interest:
- What is the purpose of a library in a community? And what roles in the community best align with that purpose?
- How ought we gather and implement expertise from outside the profession?
- How can we communicate and garner support from the government, the private sector and users in order to achieve our purpose?
- How can libraries balance demands to serve other needs that detract from the library’s ability to fulfill its purpose?
- How can libraries build community around this purpose, and how ought they reach out to their communities to engage and serve them?
- How can libraries demonstrate positive impact on young generations?
- What opportunities are opened to libraries and librarians by recent and potential future technological advancements?
Submissions should consist of an abstract (300 words), author details, and an estimated final submission length and should be sent to email@example.com by 31st March 2017.
- Submission deadline for proposals: 31st March 2017
- Notification of acceptance sent by: 30th June 2017
- Submission deadline for full chapters: 31st August 2017
- Comments returned to authors: 31st October 2017
- Submission deadline for chapter revisions: 30th November 2017